Unique gravity conveyor system
Skyfall is the unique overhead conveyor system that makes use of gravity and the third dimension. A simple rail profile with roller bodies allows the most diverse articles up to 10 kilograms in weight to be conveyed from A to B. Two types of shuttles are available. Type M for items up to 3kg. Type L can carry up to 10kg. And when that weight exceeds 10 kilogrammes, trolley systems are used. For this reason, the load-carrying adapters on the hangers can be adapted to almost any customer-specific requirement.
Performance figures of up to 10‘500 items per hour (throughput per line) position Skyfall alongside the most potent pouch sorter available. With Skyfall, Ferag develops made-to-measure and turnkey solutions for all intralogistics processes. From the development and production of intelligent conveyor technology through to system integration and complex material flow solutions.
Processing while conveying is the core competency at Ferag. Automatic loading and unloading of pouches, pick-up, transfer, weighing, ejection, labelling, etc. are functions that are carried out by Skyfall at high speed in a single plane or in the third dimension. The buffering of items between two processes of different throughput rates and buffering in general is one of the big strengths of Skyfall. The decoupling of integrated processes enables troubleshooting interventions as well as the compensation of throughput rate variations. The buffer saves space and energy and can be adjusted to fit the exact production requirements.
Learn more in the virtual tour through our Skyfall test system.
The unique overhead conveyor system Skyfall:
- Conveying, buffering, sorting, order picking and consignment in one system
- Keeping usable floor area free, reduce floor traffic and gain safety by use of the third dimension
- Application-specific load carriers with the possibility of multiple loading
- Fully automatic loading and unloading possibilities
- Reduction of manual tasks along the process chain
- Increased productivity and efficiency thanks to automation
- Traceability throughout the system
- Modular and extensible design creates the prerequisites for future or phased expansion
- High-quality and maintenance-friendly engineering
- Highest availability and energy-efficient technology thanks to rolling friction and use of gravity